This is the second in a series of weekly blog posts centered around the holiday products your readers are buying, based on actual VigLink sales data.
November and December are the biggest online shopping months of the year! We’re here to help you get your site ready for the holidays.
To start with, we’re sharing a top “ten” list each week that features the products in a particular category that readers’ are most interested in buying (based on actual VigLink sales data). The goal of each list is to help you understand what your readers are buying this holiday season, so you can create content and links around each item.
How to Use the List
Here’s how to use each list to increase your site’s revenue:
- Create a blog entry, forum thread or webpage that features the list, a short explanation of each item, and a link where readers can find out more and purchase the item.
- If you don’t think the entire list would be relevant to your particular set of readers, select the most relevant items from the list to post in a blog entry or forum thread. Provide a short explanation for each one and a link where readers can purchase it.
Note: copy and paste each link exactly as it appears below into your site. Modified links may not receive credit for clicks or purchases.
Without further ado…
Gaming: Top 11 Products
- Battlefield 3 (Playstation / XBOX360)
Released in October, this game is still moving quickly.
- Call of Duty Series
Out today – 1 of this season’s most anticipated games!
- Super Mario Brothers Accessories
T-shirts & plush toys were popular w/ readers in Oct.
- Wii Controllers (Nunchuk / Zapper Gun)
Take your Wii gaming to the next level w/ 1 of these.
- Batman Arkham City (Playstation / XBOX360)
The Oct sequel to Batman Arkham Asylum!
- Xbox 360 Live Subscriptions
The best in entertainment & games right on your Xbox.
- Forza Motorsport 4 (XBOX 360)
Yet another Oct release your readers are scooping up!
- Gears of War 3 (XBOX 360)
Released Oct 24th exclusively for the Xbox.
- Xbox 360 Console
Kinect ready — the only console to make the list!
- Rage (Playstation / XBOX 360)
First-person shooter game released Oct 4.
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Playstation / XBOX 360)
BAFTA award-winner & only 2010 game to make the list!
Up Next Week: Gift Cards and e-Gifts! We’ll be sharing a list of the top ten spots to score great gift cards and e-gifts!