At yesterday’s blog club we heard from David Spark, owner of Spark Media Solutions (check out their latest sample reel here) and renowned videographer / journalist. He gave us a quick run down of some great examples of how to do video right, as well as resources to help you succeed. Whether you are a beginning “vlogger” or experienced professional, there is a tip or two in here for everyone looking to incorporate video content within their site.
Examples to Use as a Starting Point
- World According to Jon (On YouTube). David brought Jon up as an example of a video blogger that used EXCELLENT titles for his videos in order to pull in an audience. Check out the link to his YouTube channel to see what we mean.
- ScreenCastsOnline. Videos don’t necessarily have to star you. This is an example of a “how-to” site whose videos have a great shelf-life and don’t require the strong personality other video series do.
- Fred (YouTube). His voice may seem a bit unbearable but the YouTube community loves him.
- KassemG (YouTube). His personality is likable and entertaining — and his videos are interesting and informative.
Resources to Help you Succeed
- Adobe Visual Communicator: If you are interested in building video that mimics what you might see on a newscast (graphics popping up in the corners, titles at the bottom), this program provides out-of-the-box graphics and an easy-to-use UI.
- Total Training: If you are just getting started with Adobe Premiere, this is a great tutorial.
- Lynda: If you are just getting started with Final Cut Pro, this is a great tutorial series.
- VidCon: If you are serious about video, consider checking out this annual conference in southern California. It’s coming up this year on June 28th.
- TubeMogul (now OneLoad): a platform that allows you to upload a video once and distribute it to multiple video platforms (e.g. YouTube and Vimeo).
- Izzy Video: Video tutorials on, guess what — how to make great videos. A portion of the content is free, so definitely worth checking out if you are just getting started.
Overall, it was a great event, and I’m looking forward to next time! With that, I’ll leave you with one of David’s own videos from his YouTube channel, a crowd favorite online, and at last night’s meetup. Enjoy 🙂
Anna Cunningham | Social Media Manager | VigLink