At last night’s SF Blog Club we heard from Tom Treanor, CEO of Right Mix Marketing and social media marketing consultant and teacher. He shared his workflow for building a blog entry, along with tips and tools to ensure you get each step right.
Here’s the process and questions we worked through as we each developed a draft post:
- First ask: what do your customers care about?
- Formulate your topic
- Determine your angle / headline
- Myths or Mistakes (this was the angle we decided to run with last night)
- Draft an opening
- Build a close and include a call to action
- Don’t forget to include a picture!
If you ever find yourself with “writer’s block” — or just unsure of where to get started with your next blog post, the presentation below will be a great resource going forward.
Looking forward to next time!