At last night’s SF Blog Club we heard from Tom Treanor, CEO of Right Mix Marketing and social media marketing consultant and teacher. He shared his workflow for building a blog entry, along with tips and tools to ensure you get each step right. Here’s the process and questions we worked through as we each developed a draft post:
- First ask: what do your customers care about?
- Formulate your topic
- Determine your angle / headline
- Myths or Mistakes (this was the angle we decided to run with last night)
- Draft an opening
- Build a close and include a call to action
- Don’t forget to include a picture!