Ten sessions, three ground breaking product announcements, twenty-five speakers, two-hundred attendees, hundreds of cups of coffee (and hundreds of cocktails) later, ForumCon 2012 is a wrap. We’ll be sharing all the pictures, presentations and interviews from the event with you in the next couple of days, but didn’t want to wait any longer to share the three pieces of news that came out of ForumCon: vBulletin premiered their first product release in 2+ years, selected VigLink exclusively for content monetization, and we announced that our merchant coverage is now double that of any competitor. We now monetize traffic to 30,000+ merchants! Here’s the blow-by-blow of how each of the announcements went down.
vBulletin 5 Connect Makes its World DebutThe morning kicked off a little bit early with a special event for both press and attendees: the unveiling of vBulletin 5 Connect. While a press release with a few key details went out on the wire just as John McGanty, General Manager of Internet Brands took to the stage, the audience was certainly anxious for a more detailed overview. John’s preview definitely delivered, and we saw what vB5 Connect had to offer:
- Sleek new UI with extensive social integration
- Category-leading mobile optimization
- Simplified site set up, customization and management
- New core architecture for improved search, better performance and easier modifications
- Dynamic tools for content discovery
- Expanded photo and video sharing capabilities