Incase you missed our announcement last month – we have teamed up with the wonderful international organization for fashion and beauty bloggers and publishers, iFabbo, to bring you a monthly guest blog showcasing their expert content-creation advice. This month they share all you need to know about promotion and driving traffic. We are also very excited that one of the Co-founders of iFabbo, Sinead Norenius, will be speaking at our next big blogging event on November 14th – That’s What She Said. It is a co-produced event with Trymbl and She is Media and is gearing up to be the best (free!) blogging events of 2014. Do join us, just follow this link!You have put a lot of time and effort into creating and designing your blog, writing posts, and uploading content. However, your work is not done yet. To get the most out of your posts and to drive traffic to your blog, you must promote it as much as you can. We will cover several ways that you can promote your blog (the majority are free). Treat this as a check-list and with a little work, you will get the most leverage out of your blog posts.
- Create an account on StumbleUpon.com and start stumbling your posts.
- Reddit.com is one of the most popular bookmarking sites, be on it.
- Submit each post to Digg.com so that they can be shared with others.
- Help others find your posts when you submit them to Delicious.com
- Being on Technorati.com is a must as it is the top search engine for blogs (even Google says so).
- Triberr.com is a great site to promote your newsest blog posts and get social shares from it.
- Add your recent posts to your personal and blog Facebook pages.
- Tweet about your latest posts at least once a day.
- Create a board on Pinterest for you to pin all of your posts to.
- Share your posts on Google+ for additional SEO perks.
- Instagram an image from your latest blog post to grab your followers attention and let them know that you have new content.
- Share on your LinkedIn profile and relevant groups.
- Bloglovin is becoming more popular as Google Reader is going away. Plus, they will drive traffic to you the more followers you have.
- Tumblr is a microblogging site that is perfect for sharing niche-based content.
- Empire Avenue combines social media and networking tools to help you drive network engagement to your blog.
- Quora.com is a question and answer based community. Perfect for your how-to posts.
- Add your latest blog posts and URL to your email signatures using WiseStamp.
- Add your blog posts to your email newsletters.
- Share your posts with people in groups or forums that you belong to. Have you submitted your post to be featured as our Favorites of the Week or to our Favorite SHOP Reviews?
- Submit your posts to RSS directories. Your published posts will be published on other blogs automatically.
On Other Blogs
- Comment on other relevant blogs. Be sure to include a link to your blog or include a link to a post.
- Ask influential bloggers to link to your posts.
- Guest blog on other relevant blogs to capture a new audience.
- Join a blogging community and exchange links with other bloggers.
- Use Google Keywords to promote your blogs via SEO. Their Keyword Tool helps you to search keywords and see how many people are searching for particular keywords and how competitive they are.
- Look in your Google Analytics to see how people are finding your blog now. If it is a specific post, you may want to revisit that topic.
- Add relevant keywords in your image “Alt” tags. Images can be searched for too.
- Link to other posts within your site. This helps to build authority for your posts and keeps your readers on your blog longer.
This blog post was written by Michele Wang, one of our iFabbo contributorsMore info on iFabbo: Founded in 2010, iFabbo™ is a leading international organization for fashion and beauty bloggers and publishers. iFabbo focuses on quality, engaged and vocal influencers who are at the forefront of online publishing and content creation. iFabbo’s innovative product placement platform, The iFabbo SHOP, allows brands and technology companies to selectively seed their products to highly targeted influencers they want to reach. With thousands of quality members worldwide, iFabbo works with brand marketers, agencies and publishing partners to harness the power of social influencers through targeted, content-driven campaigns, events and conferences. Brands immediately garner a stronger online presence within the blogger community quickly and effectively, while members gain access to some of the most coveted beauty and fashion and technology items. In addition to iFabbo’s product placement platform, the organization is a premier education provider by introducing new and emerging technology, tools and resources to its members so they remain informed and up-to-date in ways to enhance and develop their publishing career. For more information on iFabbo visit www.ifabbo.com.