Last week I attended and presented at the SoFabU On the Road event in LA on behalf of VigLink discussing all things content monetization with one of our fabulous publishers, Heidi Nazarudin. The event was filled with top influencers from the LA area and with so many fantastic tips being shared, I wanted to post the highlights from the event.
SEO and Social Media
Alea Milham, Founder of lifestyle blog Premeditated Leftovers, shared advice on how bloggers can strategically use SEO and social media to increase traffic and income. Her top tips included:
- For best SEO practices, keep the title of blog posts under 55 characters
- Use important keywords in the title of the blog post and naturally in the first 100 words
- Utilize apps like Latergram.me to schedule posts to Instagram
- Layer your content, have an editorial calendar and only choose sponsored posts that fit your blog
- Above all, stay motivated and always write about what brings you joy!
Content Monetization Strategies
We partnered with Heidi Nazarudin on a panel to discuss how bloggers can best monetize their content. Heidi’s number one tip for bloggers is to be able to explain what your blog is about in two minutes. If you can’t do that, then you have a content problem. I also shared how VigLink helps bloggers optimize their content for monetization and turn their passion into a business.
Bloggers and Brands
The lunchtime brand panel included reps from Johnny Rockets, TONI&GUY USA, STI – The Drive Experience Company and Muller Quaker where they shared their top preferences on working with brand influencers.
- The social media rep at Johnny Rockets said that when it comes to working with bloggers, they prefer quality over quantity
- TONI&GUY USA talked about all the competitions they have created with the help of their followers
- All of the brands discussed how imperative influencers like those in the room were to their growing market growth and awareness. They encouraged everyone to share any innovative ideas on how they could partner with them via social media
We had a great time at the event meeting fabulous bloggers, answering questions about driving commerce through content, eating delicious Johnny Rockets burgers and listening to Miss California talk about social media and inspiration. We look forward to the next SoFabU event in Miami on Feb. 28th, we hope to see you there! For details and to RSVP visit: http://bit.ly/1ucks2L
Written by Lucy Bartlett