There is still plenty of time to promote great gifts to your readers but take this opportunity to be sure you (as the most helpful publisher around) also mention standard shipping deadlines so presents make it to their destinations on time. As always there are excellent opportunities here:
1. Give a nod to your local readership by helping them learn about extended hours or special shipping deals in your area (eg: “For those in New York and San Francisco, Everlane has 1 Hour delivery on select items”).
2. Creatively weave gift cards into your posts as outlined here.
3. Research in-store pickup availability from merchants as this is more and more popular both as a last minute time-saver as well as a money saving option.
Standard Shipping Deadlines and Helpful Hints:
- Friday, Dec. 18 – last day to ship UPS 3 Day Select packages if you want it delivered by Christmas
- Monday, Dec. 22 – deadline for 2nd Day Air packages
- Wednesday, Dec. 23 – final day to ship all UPS Next Day Air packages in time for Christmas
- Holiday Help Center
- UPS My Choice app tracking notification
- UPS Shipping Coupons
- Wednesday, Dec. 16 – deadline for FedEx Ground
- Wednesday, Dec. 23 – last day to ship with FedEx Express for delivery by Christmas
- FedEx Holiday Help
- FedEx Tracking
- FedEx Shipping Coupons
- Extended holiday hours: open Sat. and Sun., Dec. 5-20, select locations
- Tuesday, Dec. 15 – last day for standard post
- Saturday, Dec. 19 – First Class mail deadline
- Monday, Dec. 21 – Priority mail deadline
- Wednesday, Dec. 23 – Priority Express deadline
- US Post Office delivers Express on Christmas day
- US Post Office tracking and shipping information
- UP Post Office pricing information