In this video, we explain how commission rates are calculated in VigLink’s Merchant Explorer. Depending on which merchant you are looking at, you might see commission rates reported a few different ways. We take a deeper dive into CPC (cost-per-click) and CPA (cost-per-acquisition) rates. See more tips outlined below!
Keep in mind these points regarding CPC rates:
- When taking a look at CPC rates you will see that only a small portion are listed as a cent value. This means we’ve secured this rate on all eligible clicks from a given merchant.
- We are unable to disclose CPC rates for any merchant that we do not have a negotiated flat rate with. This is due to the fact that the rates fluctuate frequently at the discretion of the merchant.
- Commission rates will be displayed as “Not Listed” for any merchant without a negotiated CPC or manually entered CPA rate.
Keep in mind these points regarding CPA rates:
- Some rates will show up as blended rates. These are the rates with a tilde in front of them. Blended rates are automated based on our sale data for a given merchant meaning that they are updated more accurately and quickly than ever before.
- We do not show all CPA rates as blended. Sometimes you will see multiple rates for a given merchant. This means that they have not yet been changed from the previous format of being entered manually and are not yet displaying a blended rate.
- Some merchants do not have any CPA rate displayed… even though they are currently paying a commission on sales. This means that there hasn’t been a rate manually entered and that there is no blended rate for that merchant at this time.
We hope you watch the video for a step-by-step walkthrough of how commission rates are calculated!