What to get your favorite recent grads this year? We wanted to know what some VigLinkers thought the best gifts might be so we asked them to compile his and hers lists for us.
First up, gifts for the ladies. Marketing Manager, Emily Schmul, weighed in on her favorite gifts for grads this year.
1. Help her commemorate her special day with the 2016 Graduation Cap charm bangle bracelet from Alex and Ani. Check out their entire graduation collection for other gorgeous bracelets to symbolize family, friendship, or the future.
3. Treat her to the Fresh Rose Face Mask from Sephora since those late-night study sessions and stressful presentations warrant skin-soothing and chill.
4. Get her the Herschel Supply Co. Raynor Passport Holder, a perfect blend of stylish (polka-dots!) and functional (additional card slots!), for post-college jet-setting.
5. Let her capture the Seoul skyline or the Chatuchak weekend market with the consistently high-rated Canon Powershot SX50 Digital Camera—a great compromise between price and quality.
6. Supply her a place to record those “Moments of Genius” as she’s preparing to take on the world: Kate Spade New York’s minimalistic journal boasts 300 pages and multiple bookmarks for dividing up sections.
7. Empower her to move from dining hall fare to easy, delicious dinners with Stephanie Le’s Easy Gourmet: Awesome Recipes Anyone Can Cook from Barnes & Noble. Le’s cookbook is a great blend of high and low—bring on the French Onion Grilled Cheese sandwiches!
8. Send her into that first day of college or first interview with this classy, understated cross-body handbag from KC Jagger—a steal at over 50% off on Saks Off 5th!
We also asked our Associate Advertiser Success Manager, Matt McCarthy, to help us pick out some gift ideas for guys.
Here are his choices and what he has to say about each:
1. College may be over but that doesn’t mean the party is. This is a must-have amp for any music, movie or TV lover to create a cinematic experience.
2. Gift Into The Wild and encourage a recent grad to step out of their comfort zone and go on an adventure. We not suggesting all grads should donate all their savings and hitchhike to Alaska…but we do advocate seeing the world.
3. Graduation often means new beginnings…and time to find a job. Help a recent grad look sharp for interviews in a functional, yet comfortable button down from Saturdays Surf NYC.
4. Too busy with “extracurricular” activities to pick up an extra language during college? Gift a grad the opportunity to learn a new language with top selling software, Rosetta Stone.
5. After the graduation festivities have ended, help a recent grad bring healthy options back into their life with a Magic Bullet. Simply add fruits, veggies, and you have yourself a delicious smoothie!
6. Your favorite grad has a bright future. Help them face it head-one with a near pair of Ray Ban Clubmasters which provide a classic look for any young gent.
7. Give a recent grad a foot-up on the competition. When hunting for jobs it’s time to ditch the flip-flops and replace them with a stylish pair of loafers. These Cole Haan’s are a steal at Saks Off 5th!
8. It’s time to leave the dorms, which means it’s time to say bye, bye to Twin Extra Long beds and update your linens. Besides, who doesn’t love a cozy blanket?