If you’re new to VigLink, you may wonder how our technology behaves on publishers’ sites. In the past, some affiliate platforms had a reputation for taking over a site with banners and pop-ups that hurt user experience.
That’s the beauty of VigLink: our affiliation is purely native. We do not:
- Rewrite or hard code links on the page: Our Convert product simply changes a regular merchant link to an affiliate link on the click
- Change the link if you hover over it: Your link looks exactly as it did when you added it to your site
- Overwrite already-affiliated links: Many publishers use us alongside other direct affiliate relationships
- Affect links to non-commercial destinations: Our script will simply stop and the link will redirect to the intended location if we can’t affiliate it
- Force clicks: Affiliation only occurs if a user clicks on a commercial link covered by our network
VigLink’s goal is to empower publishers to partner with merchants to offer readers a seamless reading-to-shopping experience. We’re trusted by premium publishers—CNET, Reuters, Maxim, Women’s Health, Pocket-lint, Parade, and many more—to power affiliation to merchants on reputable networks like Amazon Associates, eBay Partner Network, CJ Affiliate, and Rakuten LinkShare.
If you want more information on setting up VigLink, please keep an eye on our education series! For a visual walkthrough, please see our “VigLink in Action” video: