Target Terms of Service
Target prohibits the use of downloadable software.
Target will not affiliate with any publishers who operate link shortening services.
Unsuitable sites include, but are not limited to, those that:
• Contain or promote materials that are sexually explicit or that could be deemed obscene, pornographic or excessively violent or hateful;
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, age, religion, nationality, disability or sexual orientation;
• Promote illegal activities;
• Promote the sale or use of tobacco products, alcohol products or gambling;
• Violate any federal, state or local law (including privacy and “spam” laws);
• Contain material that, in our sole judgment, is defamatory, fraudulent or harassing;
• Misrepresent themselves as a Target by using the “look and feel of or text from our site;
• Include “Target” or variations or misspellings thereof in their domain names;
• Otherwise violate intellectual property rights of Target or its affiliates;
• Infringe on Target’s or any third party’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
• Require a user name and password to access;
• Are non-US based sites or are sites that primarily serve a non-US based audience;
• Otherwise are considered (in our sole judgment) offensive or inappropriate;
• Excessively use pop-ups;
• Require downloads and/or unknowingly download software to visitors’ computers;
• Link to or provide a portion of their commission or affiliate benefits to sites or organizations that violate any of the above criteria;
• Are under construction;
• Do not have a clear focus on e-commerce (sites that do not sell products or feature merchants will need to submit a business plan describing how they will drive revenue for Target);
• Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
• Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website. This includes toolbars, browser plug-ins, extensions and add-ons.
As a condition to your acceptance and participation in the Program, you agree that you will not undertake or engage in the following practices, and any violation of this Section shall be deemed a material breach of this Agreement and may result in immediate termination from the Program:
• Use the Target name, or any variation thereof, in any manner not expressly authorized by this Agreement;
• Use or otherwise incorporate the word “Target” or variations or misspellings thereof in the domain name(s) of your site(s), or in hidden text or source code;
• Bid on Target brand keywords, variations or misspellings, or keyword strings (e.g., ‘target’, ‘Target.com’, ‘target clearance’, ‘target weekly ad’, ‘target store’, ‘target coupon’) in search engines or content networks;
• Use Target brand keywords, keyword strings or variations or misspellings thereof in the headline, display URL or description of pay-per-click ads or ads or content network ads;
• Use your Qualifying Links as the destination URL in any paid advertisement. This is also known as direct-linking.
• Use of the content network resulting in being ranked on Target brand keywords;
• Engineer your site in such a manner that pulls Internet traffic, for Target brand keywords, away from Target.com via natural search optimization. Techniques include: using Target or Target brand keywords in the title tag, domain name, other meta tags, or other on-page factors that influence rankings;
• Use Target’s merchandiser data feed on a site other than the site we have approved pursuant to the Program; • Distribute Target’s merchandiser data feed to a third party shopping site (e.g., Yahoo!, MSN, eBay, Google, AOL, Amazon) regardless of whether or not we are already advertising our products on that site;
• Engage in cookie stuffing, forced clicks, use popups/popunders or use false or misleading links on your site;
• Use redirects to indicate the referring site was something other than it actually is;
• Attempt to modify or alter our site in any way;
• Make any representations, either express or implied, or create an appearance that a visitor to your site is visiting our site (e.g., “framing” Target.com or m.Target.com) without our prior written approval;
• “Scrape” or “spider” Target.com or m.Target.com or any other Target site or application for content (such as images, logos or text), unless you have Target’s express written consent;
• Post your qualified links on any of Target-owned platforms or social media accounts.
If you are found redirecting links to hide or manipulate their original source, your current and unpaid commissions may be voided and/or your commission level will be set to 0%. This does not include using “out” redirects from the same domain where the affiliate link is placed. In addition, you agree to add Target brand terms and phrases as a negative to your campaign to avoid broad/phrase matching. This will help eliminate any appearances of Target.com and m.Target.com due to your match type. If your site donates any portion of its referral fees to any school, foundation or other charitable organization, you may not state or imply that Target endorses such activities or is responsible in any way for the inclusion and donation of funds to any of the schools, foundations or charities associated with your site. In addition, it is recommended that you seek tax and legal advice from your own counsel.
• You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on Target’s Social Media (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) pages. c. Development, Operation & Maintenance of Your Site. You are solely responsible for the development, operation and maintenance of your site and for all content that appears on your site. For example, you will be solely responsible for:
• The technical operation of your site and all related equipment;
• The accuracy, timeliness and appropriateness of content posted on your site (including, among other things, all product-related materials);
• Ensuring that your site complies with all applicable copyright and other laws;
• Ensuring that your site does not employ the use of any type of software download or technology that intercepts or re-directs traffic or referral fees to or from any other website without the written consent of merchant;
• Ensuring that materials posted on your site do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party (including, for example, copyrights, trademarks, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights);
• Ensuring that content posted on your site is not libelous or otherwise illegal;
• Ensuring that your e-mails and newsletters, if any, fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including the CAN-SPAM Act (affiliates must receive prior approval from us before including Target logos or materials within emails);
• E-mail must be sent on your behalf and must not state or imply that the e-mail is being sent on behalf of Target.
Employees, family members of employees, or any entities directly or indirectly owned or controlled by employees or family members of Target Corporation or its subsidiaries, suppliers of Target and advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies of Target are not permitted to be Affiliates.
Publishers are only allowed to use Target promotion codes that are communicated specifically to you via VigLink on behalf of Target.