Next week on Tuesday 4/17 is our April San Francisco Blog Club Meetup! This month Murray Newlands, professional blogger and owner of Influence People, will be talking about video and YouTube for businesses and bloggers. We touched on video on a broad level in our February meetup, but didn’t have a lot of time to dig deep into the details. Murray will be walking us through:
- The reasons video can enhance your blog content, and why they can be an important component of your content creation / content marketing strategy
- Different types of video content
- How to drive traffic from a video to your site
- How to optimize videos for YouTube to get additional views and traffic
- How to get other sites to post your videos
- How bigger video channels work including Justin.Tv, Mevio.com, and cable TV
As always, there will be free drinks, pizza — and lots of time for networking and sharing tips. Space will be limited, but you can reserve a spot for FREE here.
Welcome | 7:00pm – 7:05pm
Talk by Murray | 7:05pm – 7:30pm
Drinks & Networking | 7:30pm – 8:30pm
For those of you that haven’t met Murray, here’s a bit on his background…
Murray Newlands is an author, journalist, speaker and online TV host. He runs an international media agency, Influence People, based in downtown San Francisco, and has a proven track record of consistently delivering desired results to his clients.