The following guide walks you through signing up for VigLink from the publisher’s perspective. If a publisher is interested in joining VigLink, they can click “Sign Up” on the upper navigation bar on VigLink.com. The permanent sign-up URL is: https://publishers.viglink.com/sign-up.
- The publisher enters the email address they want associated with their VigLink account.
- The publisher receives an email confirmation with a confirmation link. The confirmation link is a random string, e.g. https://publishers.viglink.com/sign-up/SaraRyByhTU.
- After the click the “Create Account” button, they are prompted to enter their contact information and acquiesce that they should disclose use of VigLink.
- The publisher is then able to create their first “campaign.” In VigLink parlance, a campaign represents the website, social media handle, forum, app, etc, that a publisher intends to use VigLink on. In this example, the publisher is setting up a blog. They can select a category (which helps the performance of products like VigLink Insert, which we’ll cover shortly); a type (which helps with Insert and internal initiatives from Marketing, Network Quality, etc); and a platform (also helps with Insert and Support troubleshooting). Upon setting up this first campaign, the publisher can check on or off VigLink Insert; they can always change this setting later.Publishers are encouraged to set up multiple campaigns to represent different websites, for example, or different parts of their business (e.g. a website; the website’s Facebook page; the website’s forum; etc). They can set up additional campaigns at anytime from the Publisher Dashboard.
- Publishers can also find guides on how to install on popular platforms like WordPress.org, for example, where VigLink offers a plugin for easy install. For more videos on specific installations for different platforms, visit the Customer Support.
- After installing, the publisher can paste the URL of their website and check to ensure VigLink is detectable on their page.
- Once they are full setup, page views will start to track, but no clicks will affiliate (and subsequently no revenue will be earned) until our Network Quality Team reviews their campaign and approves it.
- After installation, the publisher can explore the rest of the Publisher Dashboard, starting with the Dashboard tab. The Dashboard tab allows users to explore page views, CTR (click-through rate), gross sales, aff (affiliated) clicks, EPC (earnings per-click) and revenue in detail. Also worth noting:
- The Dashboard updates view and click data once per day at 6:00 a.m. EST/9:00 a.m. PST. Revenue updates four times per day. The current day’s data will show up on the dashboard next-day – not on the day itself.
- When data populates the dashboard, publishers can use the chart feature to easily, visually track performance over any timespan they like (it defaults to past 30 days).
- Under the Manage tab drop-down, publishers can revisit the “Install VigLink” page they are sent to during the sign-up process (see above).
They can also control the “Settings” of VigLink’s products:
- VigLink Convert affiliates existing merchant links on publishers’ sites.
- VigLink Insert adds insert links for brand and merchant names that appear in the content on publishers’ sites (i.e. turning common merchant/product keywords or phrases to affiliate links, like “iPhone”).
For Convert, we allow publishers to “reaffiliate” or override affiliation on existing Amazon/eBay links if they want to run those links through VigLink instead (in order to bring that reporting into their VigLink dashboard – this is not on by default). We also offer to link unlinked URLs in case there are in-text, unlinked merchant mentions that we can help them monetize. “Optimize Links” applies sophisticated technology that improves publishers’ links by weighing several factors to determine the best destination for their traffic based on conversion likelihood, EPC, etc. The “Advanced” dropdown let’s publishers decide if the “Link URLs” feature should open in a new window or not.For Insert, we allow publishers to set the pixel density for how often a term receives an inserted link in their site’s content. They are also able to disclose these links at will: a “Link added by VigLink” tag will appear if a user hovers over any of the terms Insert has hyperlinked (see: Stack.com example above). Under “Advanced,” they can also choose to have Insert links open in a new window; they can also blacklist any terms they want from ever receiving an inserted link. Lastly under the Manage tab, publishers can navigate to “Account” where they can update their personal information.From here, they can also create a new campaign; copy their referral link if they want to promote VigLink to their users; and read up on appropriate disclosure practices.
- Finally, the Merchants tab leads publishers to our Merchant Explorer tool where they can discover which merchants are in VigLink’s network.
All of this information and more is listed on the VigLink help pages here. As always, if you have any questions at all please feel free to reach out to support at viglink dot com.