As you might have heard, JCPenney announced that they’re moving from their previous network, Rakuten. But don’t fret: as a VigLink publisher, your links are safe with us.
For example, if you’re a VigLink publisher linking to a Kitchen Aid mixer at JCPenney, you would simply copy the following unaffiliated URL into your content:
However, publishers who don’t work with VigLink have to go through an extra step to create and copy an affiliate link straight from a network, such as Rakuten. These links look like this:
We always want to make sure that you’re earning at your maximum potential. All you need to do is focus your time on creating great content that you’re passionate about, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Looking for some tips for optimizing with VigLink? Set yourself up for even more success by taking a page or two from a few of our top publishers’ playbooks:
- Set links to open in new tabs or windows:
- CNET spends a lot of time crafting quality editorial content to help their readers be informed consumers. By setting their links to open in a new tab, their readers can easily return to the article—and are likelier to stay on the site and click through to additional products.
- Group multiple merchant deals into a single post:
- SHEfinds is brilliant at grouping together exciting, can’t-miss deals from popular merchants into a single post. In addition to highlighting discounts, SHEfinds arms readers with current coupon codes so that they are equipped with everything they need to splurge on the spot!
- Cultivate a presence on social media:
- Design Milk diligently monitors their social media handles, opting for 1-3 concise, compelling posts per day—which drives extra traffic to their site. Being highly engaged on social media has resulted in 1.32M followers on Twitter and 1.1M followers on Instagram!